Re: [kde] Problem setting file associations (and other settings)

D Rager wrote:

Hi All,

I'm having problems setting default file associations and other
settings. I've tried to set the default application through the
Control Center or through the right click context menu, I get the
dialog that states it's updating system information and then no error
messages. It seems like it should have worked however, no settings
have actually changed.

Run "kbuildsycoca" from a konsole, and paste the output. Perhaps it tells
you what's going wrong.

Regards,
Philip

  • Re: [kde] Problem setting file associations (and other settings)
    ... I'm having problems setting default file associations and other ... Control Center or through the right click context menu, ... It seems like it should have worked however, no settings ... Run "kbuildsycoca" from a konsole, ...
    (KDE)
  • KDE Mouse Themes
    ... have tried reading through the KDE documentation; ... the settings tab that should exist under ... Is there some special package I have to install to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: KDE Mouse Themes
    ... On Sunday 27 January 2013 07:26:59 Carmel wrote: ... have tried reading through the KDE documentation; ... the settings tab that should exist under ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: CH flight yoke/quadrant (was "Lat/Lon to country codes/political boundaries")
    ... Further, and perhaps this is unique only to myself, I find the quadrant is 'very', how shall I say, sensitive to sensitivity settings, so what's your take, if you use the quadrant yourself of course, on a sort of compromise quadrant sensitivity and null area setting? ... And do you advise the simple or advanced settings for best results? ... A null area implies a region of control movement through which nothing happens, which is appropriate for a flight control, but would not be for power controls. ...
    (rec.aviation.simulators)
  • Re: [kde] Hangover from kde 3.5 in kde4 when launching file manager after plugging in a SSC card
    ... generically aka system settings", settings (got that, the kcontrol aka ... User Settings", "File Associations". ... the mimetype is determined automatically (by file ... it's very likely a system config ...
    (KDE)