Re: [kde] Problem setting file associations (and other settings)

D Rager wrote:

Hi All,

I'm having problems setting default file associations and other
settings. I've tried to set the default application through the
Control Center or through the right click context menu, I get the
dialog that states it's updating system information and then no error
messages. It seems like it should have worked however, no settings
have actually changed.

Run "kbuildsycoca" from a konsole, and paste the output. Perhaps it tells
you what's going wrong.

Regards,
Philip