[kde-linux] RES: Want to have multiple users in kopete at once
- From: "Marcelo Magno T. Sales" <marcelo.sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:15:55 -0300
Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Em Quinta 09 Novembro 2006 04:54, david escreveu:
Hi List;You mean like a real AIM chat room, with multiple participants? Not so
Can I have > 2 users in kopete at once , like an online chatroom kindof
far as I know, and I've been trying for a couple of years now.
It can be done with GAIM, though.
Kopete 0.12.3, which is part of KDE 3.5.5, is capable of that. There's
an "invite" command at the chat window.
Really? Where? I have Kopete 0.12.3 here as part of KDE 188.8.131.52. No
trace anywhere of an Invite command. Of course, if this is tied to being
in an AIM chat window, I can't check this right now because a bug in
Kopete 0.12.3 won't let me connect to AIM.
In Kopete's chat window (not in the main window), choose Chat -> Invite. The words may not be exactly these, as I'm translating from portuguese, but the option is there. Of course, it will only work if the protocol allows it. With MSN Messenger contacts it's possible, don't know about other protocols.
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] Search option in KDE menu
- Next by Date: [kde-linux] KDE Kiosk on Mandriva One and Fedora Core 6
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] Putting Applications Icons on KDE Desktop
- Next by thread: Re: [kde-linux] RES: Want to have multiple users in kopete at once