Re: [kde] konqueror

On Monday 20 November 2006 14:10, ajtiM wrote:
http://stage6.divx.com/

I use KDE and Konqueror. When I open above site and try to play a video I
got a message that I need to install DivX Web Player. With Firefox I don't
have this problem and works with mlayer-plugin. YouTube site works fine. I
have installed mplayer plugin and KMplayer too.
Now I did change browser identification to Firefox and I don't have message
about install web player but video doesn't run.

I just tried two videos. When I click on play I get a popup asking me how to
proceed with the unspecified binary data (application/octet-stream) sent by
the server. I can select kmplayer and it plays the movie just fine.

My guess is that the site administrator is rather new in providing media
content and has not yet set discovered how to properly set the content type
when sending the video data.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde] Video player
    ... so I am looking for the flagship KDE video player to file ... there any full-featured video players shipped with KDE? ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • RE: Cant open any of my saved projects!!
    ... try to open one of my saved projects in WMM: I open up WMM and click the OPEN ... that may have been saved as saved as *.dvr.ms for video or recorded OTA TV ... Wireless and Real Networls) or even WMV, etc., either won't play the file ... a general tool) is COMPLETELY Missing from VISTA' OR none of the imported ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: To Frank H. - on legitimacy and communication
    ... Besides, that's defense, not offense.] ... ULTIMATE games (it's hard to understand what you want because you keep ... mentality is that of a basketball point guard when I play disc. ... my video made this winter. ...
    (rec.sport.disc)
  • Re: Video Error with Xbox 360 Extender
    ... Thanks I applied the hotfix and now my video works even though I have ... and now the mpeg files are playing on the xbox. ... disabled the firewall but I still could not play the vids. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Ultimate vs. Dischoops
    ... you highlight the advantages of Dischoops not compared to Ultimate, ... give and go of any variety, no misdirection, no play fakes, nothing. ... In the dischoops video, all you see is disc handling. ...
    (rec.sport.disc)