Re: [kde-linux] Starting ssh at log-in

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 12:58, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Tuesday 21 November 2006 13:16, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday 21 November 2006 10:53, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Monday 20 November 2006 19:43, Anne Wilson wrote:
Perhaps all that is needed is for me to save a session with a
terminal open? I presume that the fact that it currently has the
password would not affect the new session, so that I would be asked
immediately the session recovery was complete.

Or as a program in your autostart folder
$ kde-config --userpath autostart

You said it worked on your previous installation. How did it ask for a
password there? I mean did it open a terminal window with a waiting
password prompt or a dialog like password input window?

Immediately after the kde login dialogue I got a password input window
rather like the gpg one.

Maybe some kind of graphical ssh-agent?

The gpg one is a helper application called by the gpg-agent, so maybe there
is a similar setup for SSH keys.

I have to admit, it did remind me of gpg-agent. I'll have to see if I can
still find the old notes from when I installed ssh and keychain. Thanks for
replying.

Anne