Re: [kde-linux] forcing new non-KDE windows to a size

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 07:17, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
On Tuesday 12 December 2006 05:00, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Monday 11 December 2006 19:44, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
I use Netscape 7.2 in a 640x1200 (minus my launchbar height) window.
Somewhere along the way, some site I went to popped up a full-screen
window, and ever since, whenever I open a new Netscape window with
Ctrl-N I get a full-screen window, when before I'd get a window of the
same size as the original. I fiddled with the Special Window Settings
and Special Application Settings, but all I could do was make _every_
window, whether through Ctrl-N or a site-generated popup, open at the
size I specified.

I want Ctrl-N to give me a new window with the size I like, and all
other (popup) windows, to stay at whatever they're told to be. How can
I do that?

I guess the best option is to reset the behavior of netscape. Probably a
setting in its preferences or stored in the netscape configuration file.

Cheers,
Kevin

What use are the Special {Window, Application} Settings feature then?

Well, as you said it affects Netscape windows regardless how they are opened.
Since only the program itself, in this case Netscape, knows why it opened a
window, it is the only one which can control this difference.

Netscape doesn't have any window-size settings.

Your description sounded like it does, i.e. changing the behavior once a
window got maximized by a site.

If there is no override policy on the window manager's side, the window will
always be the size the application wants it to be.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • McAfee Firewall 3.0, also Netscape 7.0
    ... unfiltered access. ... Netscape 7.0, which I recently upgraded to, ... shuts itself down when I click on certain websites, ... any Netscape window I have closes. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: PCs that come with linux already installed
    ... Navigator and a window for Netscape Messenger. ... and for writing to the sound card to ... When I installed Debian some years ago, most of the hassle was in trying ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Cant Access My Toolbar,Taskbar or Favorites When In Full-Scre
    ... believe that my ISP, Netscape, must have something to do with this problem. ... the window "edges" where your mouse ... > New Internet Explorer Window Opens Partially Off the Screen ... is that something is interfering with the auto-hide function. ...
  • Re: How to access property of a LAYER within Jscript?
    ... This sounds like I'm not using the good reference guide for JavaScript (I'm ... using the version 1.3 of Client Script from Netscape). ... we resize the window or use the scroll bars. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: How to access property of a LAYER within Jscript?
    ... This sounds like I'm not using the good reference guide for JavaScript (I'm ... using the version 1.3 of Client Script from Netscape). ... we resize the window or use the scroll bars. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.jscript)