Re: [kde-linux] How to set default groups to new users?

Unga wrote:
--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 18 December 2006 17:15, Unga wrote:

Hi

When adding new users to KDE using KUser Manager,

it

is necessary to select groups (eg. audio, disk,

etc).

How to set groups by default to all new users by a
system wide configuration?

If you use the "adduser" tool you can configure
default groups for normal
users with the EXTRA_GROUPS key

See man:/adduser and maybe man:/adduser.conf

Kevin, thanks again. I'm not sure what is used to add
users when you use KMenu->System->KUser User Manager.

There is no adduser or adduser.conf in my system.
Konqueror cannot open above man entries. There is only
/usr/sbin/useradd available in my system.

Regards
Unga

Hi,

According to my system, which runs Gentoo, the program shadow contains
the command adduser or useradd. Maybe that will help some.

Dale

:-) :-)