Re: [kde-linux] How to set default groups to new users?

Unga wrote:
--- Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday 18 December 2006 17:15, Unga wrote:

Hi

When adding new users to KDE using KUser Manager,

it

is necessary to select groups (eg. audio, disk,

etc).

How to set groups by default to all new users by a
system wide configuration?

If you use the "adduser" tool you can configure
default groups for normal
users with the EXTRA_GROUPS key

See man:/adduser and maybe man:/adduser.conf

Kevin, thanks again. I'm not sure what is used to add
users when you use KMenu->System->KUser User Manager.

There is no adduser or adduser.conf in my system.
Konqueror cannot open above man entries. There is only
/usr/sbin/useradd available in my system.

Regards
Unga

Hi,

According to my system, which runs Gentoo, the program shadow contains
the command adduser or useradd. Maybe that will help some.

Dale

:-) :-)

  • RE: DFHSM - ARC0521I
    ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • RE: Need Urgent Help, Please
    ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: [SLE] gpilot-applet not working (hangs) :( was Re: [SLE] Re: How to start gpilot-applet/
    ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Need Urgent Help, Please
    ... Dave, you couldn't be more right, but this system is a hand me down and this is the only system I have. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: 543.rar attachment
    ... >I'm not saying stop all email traffic, far from it, just all archives. ... >> Not all executable files are evil, the source of the file must be ... >> Department of Human Services ... >> Do You Yahoo!? ...
    (Security-Basics)