Re: [kde-linux] Flash version 9 not working with Konqueror

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 11:38, David Jarvie wrote:

I am using Debian (etch). I have seen the debian-kde thread, but since I
have compiled KDE myself from KDE sources, I'm not at all sure that the
distribution has anything to do with the problem - hence posting the
message here. I tried using the Debian installer for flash, and then tried
simply installing it manually. Both gave the same result as far as
Konqueror is concerned. Neither installed the plugin into any iceweasel
directory (although the Debian installer created links in
/usr/lib/iceweasel (or something similar, I can't remember exactly), but
the files were elsewhere. I made sure that the plugin search paths included
the flash installation directory, and the search for plugins found the new
flash files.

Very strange all these flash issues. I have flashplugin-nonfree installed for
ages, it upgraded the plugin to the 9 beta at some time and at the last time
to 9 release, but it always kept working. Currently Konqueror 3.5.5, Debian
SID.

Since you've compiled from source, can you check if you have the equivalent of
package konqueror-nsplugins installed?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Help please: flash player not working with new install
    ... .mozilla directory from my backup into my home directory. ... as a user download the installer and save it to your desktop. ... The installer prgram placed the two files for the flash ... plugin is there, but no flash plugin. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Help please: flash player not working with new install
    ... .mozilla directory from my backup into my home directory. ... as a user download the installer and save it to your desktop. ... The installer prgram placed the two files for the flash ... plugin is there, but no flash plugin. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Flash 9 plugin for Firefox
    ... instead directing me to download the latest version of the Flash plugin. ... I downloaded and installed the V.9 plugin, but the link still wouldn't play. ... One would think that the installer for Flash 9 would remove Flash 8 and make ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Problem using Mac mini and Snapfish
    ... Is there a plugin that seems to be from Snapfish? ... By that I mean they were invited to do the download. ... When the Installer has finished, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Some controls cant be activated
    ... First, if I View> Toolbars> Control Toolbox and then click on the "More Controls" button, both "Shockwave Active X Control" and "Shockwave Flash Object" are listed. ... I downloaded and ran the Flash Player uninstaller from Adobe and then rebooted. ... you may want to manually download the installer for use ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)