Re: [kde-linux] disappearing panel

Hi,

On Monday 12 February 2007 11:54:18 pm Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Tuesday 13 February 2007 00:46, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
On Monday 12 February 2007 6:50:30 am mike wrote:
I have this strange problem. The panel is set up to hide automatically.
And it does, but occasionally it does not reappear when I move the
mouse to the bottom of the screen.

I have seen this for sometime now but have not bug reported it as it is
hard to reproduce, I normally just switch Desktops and this pops up the
panel again so I can then "Configure Panel" much like you do to get it
working.

I can also confirm to have this seens sporadically and I can't find any
pattern either.
Is any of you using a second panel, e.g. I have a child panel on the top
edge of the screen.

No I just the one Panel here,

I'll usually

$ dcop kicker kicker restart

but I'll try

$ dcop kicker kicker configure

I will try this also thanks for the tip,

I have wondered if it was related somehow to bug #122312 which is
reproducible here and the same "fix" above fixes that.

I'd say this is unrelated.

OK, I was curious because changing something in the Panel config fixed it
until I used Kmenu again. I'll try the dcop idea also with this bug.

Cheers,

Colin
--
Fedora Core 6 ("Zod")
KDE-Redhat-3.5.6-3.fc6

  • Re: [kde-linux] disappearing panel
    ... but occasionally it does not reappear when I move the mouse to the ... bottom of the screen. ... to reproduce, I normally just switch Desktops and this pops up the panel ... again so I can then "Configure Panel" much like you do to get it working. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] disappearing panel
    ... panel again so I can then "Configure Panel" much like you do to get it ... $ dcop kicker kicker configure ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to remove a disappeared Panel, and install a new one?
    ... it was caused by a .desktop file ... I should have mentioned that I have a second panel on the desktop, at the top of the screen, currently containing only two icons. ... I believe the proper command is: ... dcop kicker kicker restart ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to remove a disappeared Panel, and install a new one?
    ... I should have mentioned that I have a second panel on the desktop, ... dcop kicker kicker restart ... were missing -- although the Hiding tab in the Panels configuration ... missing lines were actually present. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Electric Service Amps
    ... > What we have is a setup with two main breakers. ... Incoming power from the meter goes to the bottom two blocks. ... > terminals to the upper connector blocks of the panel. ... > there is space between for two pole breakers that will plug into both top ...
    (alt.home.repair)