[kde] KMail with multiple identities

I would like to try out KMail with multiple identities, but seem to be
running into a snag. The immediate issue is the the Handbook is
referencing a screen that does not exist, but seems to be important,
called Network. I'm guessing Accounts is supposed to take its place, but
I cannot figure out at this point how to connect an Identity, a POP
account, and an SMTP account. The Handbook seems to imply that this can
be done at the non-existent Network screen, but if I go into the screen
I do have, called Accounts, I don't see where this can be done. Is there
anyone here who is familiar with KMail that can set me straight? If
there is an up-to-date documentation site on the Web that would be fine
as well.

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien TANSTAAFL
zwilnik@xxxxxxxxxxx Linux User #333216

  • [kde] Re: KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions
    ... The first-run kmail backing store upgrade went entirely haywire. ... remote pop3 accounts, which it DID import properly, couldn't download new ... delete the old mbox folders in kmail after I'd copied everything to the ... mailcheck, after which I get a SECOND kwallet password popup, which if I ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Curious kmail question
    ... settings->filters - to auto move mail off the imap server and to a local ... I use kmail on imap daily - a lot. ... However, for me, it crashes - not ... I used to use mutt - but its tepid ability to deal with multiple accounts ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Extensive disk i/o at startup (10.3)(rephrased posting)
    ... If I install TB from with YaST, I'll get the correct one, latest and ... Kmail is collecting mail from. ... Will they (both or just the accounts) ... installed TB from YaST. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: kmail SMTP problems
    ... [about problems setting up Kmail to use smtp on google mail accounts] ... This is just to report to anybody following this thread: My Kmail is ... working now with smtp on google mail. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [kde] Kmail kde3 to kde4
    ... I have switched to kde4 piece by piece. ... Now started kmail för latest 4.3.2. ... I'm using one pop3 account and two imap accounts. ... None of the accounts for receiving or sending are listed in kmail settings. ...
    (KDE)