Re: [kde] Help when

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 21:30 +0100, kitts wrote:
On Thursday 19 Apr 2007 12:14:45 am ssmail1398-maillist@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Have just installed KDE (running Sidux) on a new
computer. Is there no utility in KDE to assist moving user(s).

AFAIK No.

There is a program called Kamion, originally developed as a Google Summer of
Code Project 2005, then extended in GSoC2006.

Its aim is to backup and restore (thus also migrate) user data.

However, I am not sure what state the application is in at the moment.

I usually migrate my whole home directory, but if one is concerend about cache
files, .kde/share should be sufficient.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring