Re: [kde] Help when

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 21:30 +0100, kitts wrote:
On Thursday 19 Apr 2007 12:14:45 am ssmail1398-maillist@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Have just installed KDE (running Sidux) on a new
computer. Is there no utility in KDE to assist moving user(s).

AFAIK No.

There is a program called Kamion, originally developed as a Google Summer of
Code Project 2005, then extended in GSoC2006.

Its aim is to backup and restore (thus also migrate) user data.

However, I am not sure what state the application is in at the moment.

I usually migrate my whole home directory, but if one is concerend about cache
files, .kde/share should be sufficient.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is a string literal in the i18n function. ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... ESPECIALLY after promising support "as long as there are users!" ... triggered a drop of a lot of my former kde software choices with the bump ... kmail, but somewhere about the time it lost my 10th mail or so and I was ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Re: A week of KDE4 usage
    ... Thanks for the correction on compilation vs collection. ... KDE could only be used together with another product (desktops ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is not necessarily inexperience of the developer in matter of development, ... had on qt4 was already not negligible. ... kde are getting more full-time professional development and support than ... mostly optional modular libraries built around a central core. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] the windows list - the focus policy
    ... Sounds like a bug, the window of the task switcher should never be behind any ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)