[kde] Using kxkb in combination with ~/.xmodmap

I use kxkb to switch between Norwegian and US keyboard layouts, I do this
quite often as I use US for coding, and Norwegian for anything else.

I use some customizations in ~/.xmodmap to configure some extra buttons on my
laptop. The problem is that these customizations are (not surprisingly) lost
when I switch layouts. Is there any way to make kxkb respect my xmodmap file,
or can anyone point out another good solution to this?

Erlend Hamberg