[kde] Using kxkb in combination with ~/.xmodmap

I use kxkb to switch between Norwegian and US keyboard layouts, I do this
quite often as I use US for coding, and Norwegian for anything else.

I use some customizations in ~/.xmodmap to configure some extra buttons on my
laptop. The problem is that these customizations are (not surprisingly) lost
when I switch layouts. Is there any way to make kxkb respect my xmodmap file,
or can anyone point out another good solution to this?

--
Erlend Hamberg
hamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Cardinal vowels
    ... with all the French names in perfect French pronunciation ... What is not common, though, is to operate the switch while speaking a ... Two of them spoke Somali and the third Norwegian. ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Keyboard layout switching problem
    ... I can't switch through keyboard layouts using left ... though the right keys work fine. ... I want to have 3 layouts installed and want to switch through ... Using Edgy, 6.10. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Keyboard Layout
    ... I use two keyboard layouts: English and Hebrew. ... & paste in LibreOffice using the keyboard (CTRL-C) without having to switch ... I have to switch to English just to cut & ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Keyboard layout switching problem