Re: [kde] Stopping an application from being started at KDE-login

Hi,

| BUT: I do not start xmms via xmms, but via
|
| > kstart --windowclass "xmms" --window "XMMS*" --desktop 16 konsole
| -T "XMMS_foobar" -e CheckHardware --sound xmms -t
|
| So I get XMMS directly on desktop 16, and have konsole where output of
| xmms is visible. Quite useful sometimes.
[. . .]
| How to solve this? What do I need to put into that field to exclude
| just that one konsole from starting?

I may not fully understand your needs, but it seems to me that what
you want is to place a script in your ~/.kde/Autostart/ directory.
In the script you invoke the kstart command so that the script
might look like

#!/bin/sh
kstart --windowclass "xmms" --window "XMMS*" --desktop 16 \
konsole -T "XMMS_foobar" -e CheckHardware --sound xmms -t

Cheers,
Ryo

  • [kde] Stopping an application from being started at KDE-login
    ... I have a problem with XMMS. ... into KDE. ... The problem is that not xmms is restarted each session but the konsole ... What do I need to put into that field to exclude ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [SLE] xmms
    ... No change in the output from the konsole. ... > run the program command from there. ... bernd@linux:~> xmms ...
    (SuSE)
  • xmms show some errors
    ... I use Debianand have xmms installed,but it could not work correctly. ... When I run it from konsole, ... The font "-bitstream-bitstream vera ... does not support all the required character sets for the current locale ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Running a program from the command line
    ... On Friday 27 Feb 2004 6:31 pm, Jamie Vicary uttered these immortal words: ... > and before I close the xmms. ... I used Konsole 1.2.3 on KDE 3.1.5 and ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: pyxmms trouble
    ... kindly pointed me to this thread (since I am the author of PyXMMS). ... Did you make sure that all xmms ... socket and defer the answer until XMMS is ready and writes it to the ... Interactive use is nice, but if something is wrong in a script, it is ...
    (comp.lang.python)