Re: [kde] Stopping an application from being started at KDE-login

Hi,

| BUT: I do not start xmms via xmms, but via
|
| > kstart --windowclass "xmms" --window "XMMS*" --desktop 16 konsole
| -T "XMMS_foobar" -e CheckHardware --sound xmms -t
|
| So I get XMMS directly on desktop 16, and have konsole where output of
| xmms is visible. Quite useful sometimes.
[. . .]
| How to solve this? What do I need to put into that field to exclude
| just that one konsole from starting?

I may not fully understand your needs, but it seems to me that what
you want is to place a script in your ~/.kde/Autostart/ directory.
In the script you invoke the kstart command so that the script
might look like

#!/bin/sh
kstart --windowclass "xmms" --window "XMMS*" --desktop 16 \
konsole -T "XMMS_foobar" -e CheckHardware --sound xmms -t

Cheers,
Ryo

  • [kde] Stopping an application from being started at KDE-login
    ... I have a problem with XMMS. ... into KDE. ... The problem is that not xmms is restarted each session but the konsole ... What do I need to put into that field to exclude ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [SLE] xmms
    ... No change in the output from the konsole. ... > run the program command from there. ... bernd@linux:~> xmms ...
    (SuSE)
  • xmms show some errors
    ... I use Debianand have xmms installed,but it could not work correctly. ... When I run it from konsole, ... The font "-bitstream-bitstream vera ... does not support all the required character sets for the current locale ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Running a program from the command line
    ... On Friday 27 Feb 2004 6:31 pm, Jamie Vicary uttered these immortal words: ... > and before I close the xmms. ... I used Konsole 1.2.3 on KDE 3.1.5 and ...
    (alt.linux)
  • pyxmms trouble
    ... that I am trying to use the pyxmms remote to add songs to the xmms ... no matter whether I open the interpreter or put it in ... a file and run the script the output is the same. ... you know a better way to open xmms from the script and allow the script ...
    (comp.lang.python)