[kde] Possible to reconfigure desktop so icons are on-screen?

Hello,

I briefly had my system running with dual monitors. I'm no longer running
that dual-headed configuration, which probably used Xinerama. Now I find
that desktop icons that are created, for example by downloading a file to the
desktop using Konqueror, off-screen. I assume that they are getting
coordinates that are for the now-gone second monitor. When I look in the
Desktop directory, the files are there.

How do I reconfigure the desktop so that the icons are created in the
coordinate space of the existing monitor display?

Thank you for your time.
--
==Leonard E. Sitongia
High Altitude Observatory

  • KDE ugly on new installation
    ... I already have a system running ... screen elements seem to big and the fonts are big and pixilated. ... As far as I can tell, the actual monitor ... resolution is 1280x1024 which is what is recommended for the monitor. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Diappearing Icons
    ... Once in a while when I restart the monitor all the desktop Icons have disappeared as well as all the icons at the bottom of the screen. ... I have found no key or combination of keys that bring them back so I am forced to pull the plug on the PC and restart. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Blurred icons
    ... The graphic card is Mobility Radeon from ATI Corp, ... It is not a general failure of the monitor because all applications are OK, it is only in toolbars, XP menus, and desktop icons where I have the problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Vista does not save desktop settings
    ... My XP computer crashed and bought new one with Vista. ... I cannot get desktop settings to save. ... I arrange my desktop icons where I'd ... left and my 2nd monitor to back to "mirror". ...
  • Re: Strange Display Problem...