[kde] Kmail filter to remove off topic stuff from mailing list

A mailing list is sending quite a lot of OT stuff, and I want to filter it out
with Kmail.

I've set up a filter to filter on subject line, then "contains", then just OT
in the blank box, but this isn't working properly.

For example, I'm getting mail like "Paypal Notice", and the filter is picking
up the "ot" in notice. Normally Bogofilter puts this stuff in the trash, but
is now being filtered out before it goes through Bogofilter.

What incantation is needed to just filter on the uppercase letters OT, that
are either at the start, or end of a subject line?

It doesn't help that some of these subject lines start with just OT, others
with OT: , and some with (OT).

I've already unsubscribed once from the Debian User list, but there is some
very usefull ontopic stuff, and from time to time I have been able to offer
help to someone. Removing the OT trash would help a lot.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nigel.

  • Filtering to a Trash folder vs expunging?
    ... messages that I delete to be moved to my remote IMAP trash folder. ... I've created a filter rule as described by Chris Lawrence in this ... (Set 'Current Folder Type' to Email, and 'Message is Deleted' to Yes. ...
    (comp.mail.pine)
  • Re: Make Status Read
    ... I've created numerous filters that transfer to Trash any incoming ... Just realized that if the From: header is some sender that I _really_ ... A related trick that I use is "delete from server." ... also have filter mark it for deletion from the server. ...
    (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
  • Re: Spamming sewing list
    ... You can filter out the spam so it doesn't go on your web-based ported interface, but navigating a web-based interface is still going to take lots longer than using a regular newsreader. ... And it's a minor irritant because as soon as I see what it is, it goes straight to trash. ...
    (alt.sewing)
  • Re: thunderbird for your despam health.
    ... you dont need to filter out any trash,l really you just need to add us to a clean list, its too much work to filter out trash, you will be doing that quite frequently, i just have a clean list, and a minor trash list that catches the bulk trash, all i do is go to my clean list to find you guys. ... as has been suggested before on the other t-bird topic, i would just create a clean list with the users, i personally wouldnt mind emailing them to trusted users direct to make their/your life easier. ...
    (rec.aquaria.marine.reefs)