[kde-linux] Lost /etc/init.d/kdm

This was from an old Debian installation superceded by a konstruct build when
kde was not usable in Sid. Some cleanup script took off xdm and the kdm init
with it. I probably modified that to point to the konstructed kdm.

I can easily enough simply run kdm from my own catchall-looseends script I
placed in /etc/init.d etc. But this would not service the pid file or shut it
down correctly. Where might I get an init.d script without installing kdm
from Debian?

  • Re: Freezing display :(
    ... occur when the screen switches from X to a virtual terminal or to a 2nd ... i.e. it mainly happens when I shutdown the system and kdm is ... Since I have reiserfs and a script that executes 'sync' before i attempt ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • [kde-linux] KDM and dynamically created users?
    ... Is this possible to delegate the authentication function from KDM to a ... name, hostname where the home directory is, and password. ... It currently works using a login script running on a text console. ... Can the same be done using KDM to collect credentials? ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Startinf fvwm
    ... > xdm or kdm) you need to call it ~/.xsession ... I usually start X with "startx" and ... I only have an ~/.xsession script, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: removing the graphical login: Fedora
    ... Look and see what the script is. ... Why not remove kdm too? ... Just grep for it in the scripts run by inittab. ... Look up what package it is in. ...
    (alt.os.linux)