Re: [kde-linux] Kicker disappeared

On Saturday 21 Jul 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 20 Jul 2007, Philipp Paul wrote:
On Friday 20 July 2007 23:04:38 Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 20 Jul 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 20 Jul 2007, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Friday 20 July 2007, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote

about '[kde-linux] Kicker disappeared':
I've read about this, but never before experienced it. Kicker
has disappeared. The problem is that I can't remember how to get
it back. Anyone help, please? Thanks

Alt-F2 (global run command shortcut)
kicker

I tried that, but nothing happened. I still don't have kicker.

I tried it again, this time telling it to run with higher priority. I
don't quite know what I did, but kicker appeared, then started to move
up-screen, pushing everything before it, until it disappeared off the
top. At that point I had no option but to reboot from the context menu.

I'm back with a working system, but I'd really like to know what I
should have done to recover it.

Anne

have you ever tried it with dcop ?

you could use "dcop kicker Panel" or "dcop kicker kicker" plus a useful
function..
i never had that problem, so i don't know how much this helps..
but it could be an option..

I tried, from memory, but didn't get it right. Last night someone told me
what I should have done, but I had a crash and seem to have lost that
message altogether. I think it was something like 'dcop kicker kicker
restart'. Perhaps the person in question could either confirm that I have
it right, or re-send the original one, please? I had marked it Important
and attached my reply to it. Both are missing.

Correction - it was someone on the Mandriva list that gave me the command,
which is just as I have written above. Hope that helps someone else.

Anne