Re: [kde] Bad fonts in GTK applications in Kubuntu 6.10

control Centre -> Appearance and Themes -> GTK ...

On 02/08/07, Basil Fowler <b.j.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello All,

I have an annoying, but not serious, problem with certain applications
running
in Kubuntu 6.10.

The applications concerned are Electric Eyes, Alsaplayer, and Audacity. As
understand the matter, these applications use the GTK widget set.

When I open any menu, the items are displayed in a large bitmapped
Hevetica-type font (about 18 point), that is rather ugly. Previously, I
have
installed Electric Eyes in various versions of other distros (SuSE,
Mandriva,
Vector) and the appearance has always been clean and tidy, with the font
being approximately 12 point with nicely rounded corners.

I am sure that the cure is a matter of a simple adjustment somewhere, but
what?

TIA

Basil Fowler

  • Re: [kde] Bad fonts in GTK applications in Kubuntu 6.10
    ... The applications concerned are Electric Eyes, Alsaplayer, and Audacity. ... understand the matter, these applications use the GTK widget set. ... Hevetica-type font, ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Bad fonts in GTK applications in Kubuntu 6.10
    ... The applications concerned are Electric Eyes, Alsaplayer, and Audacity. ... understand the matter, these applications use the GTK widget set. ... Hevetica-type font, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Summer Time, "state of art"
    ... That is why we leave the system and most of the subsystems running and ... applications which are at the root of the problem. ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ... Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Start-up tune
    ... Manage Notifications -> Applications ... So I do not think that it is a translation problem (to ... that makes it easier to get help in an English speaking ... Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. ...
    (KDE)
  • Why no getCodebase() in apps?
    ... I've searched the archives and confirmed that there is not a ... getCodebase() method (as found in Applets) available for applications. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)