Re: [kde-linux] Programming a key to disable touchpad

Le samedi 4 août 2007 11:07, Anne Wilson a écrit :
I need to work with an ancient laptop, and I'm having great difficulties
because when I am typing I frequently find that the input is appearing in
the middle of text somewhere else on the page. The heel of my hand must be
brushing the touchpad. Unlike my newer one, this laptop doesn't have any
Fn key programmed to disable it. I'm sure it must be possible to do that,
but how can do it, and what command would the key need to be given? I
would have though that kcontrol's Keyboard Shortcuts might be the way to do
it, but it's not obvious whether it could or not.

Anne

How about this command :
synclient TouchpadOff=0

--
christophe

  • Re: [kde-linux] Programming a key to disable touchpad
    ... christophe wrote: ... because when I am typing I frequently find that the input is appearing in ... How about this command: ... "Can't access shared memory. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... Nor do ordinary Unix users have any trouble doing simple CLI ... you consider writing a command line tantamount to writing ... name so immediately typing a new name will replace it if you don't hit ... which is why typing system ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: files waiting to be written to cd
    ... To start a program by using the Run command ... You can open a file or folder or connect to a shared computer by typing ... to the Internet by typing the address of the site you want to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: files waiting to be written to cd
    ... To start a program by using the Run command ... You can open a file or folder or connect to a shared computer by typing ... to the Internet by typing the address of the site you want to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Keyboard shortcuts for menus
    ... the command. ... All this underlining doesn't look pretty on the screen, ... Ctrl-F2 opens the menu under the blue apple, and that you can move to ... Once you have the right menu, typing the first letter of a command ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)