Re: [kde] Kubuntu. No access to superuser file manager on desktop

On Saturday 18 August 2007 22:29, Graham wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 21:27:54 +0200

Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can create the icon for it on the desktop, but cannot find the
correct command to start it. this is a frustrating problem, as on my
Debian, and Fedora installs the superuser filemanager is available as
default in KDE's menu.

[snipped]

Try installing krusader. Its a very good file manager.

When installed, the root version is installed with a red icon in the
KDE->System menu and the non-root version installed with a blue icon in
the Utilities menu, but you can call the root version from the user
version.

HTH

Thanks for the info Graham. It installed ok, but both non-root, and root
versions were in "Utilities". I had to run the non-root version first, as
running the root version first would not bring up the root login window.

Well I've just moved a file from hdb7 (vfat) to my /home/user directory, and
it's gone ok. I'll have to play with this a bit, but it seems to be doing the
job ok.

Many thanks.

Nigel.

  • Re: The myths of SBS
    ... expectation of them, Root. ... your network installs? ... passwords and change them on a regular basis. ... need to since most of the password cracking will be on that port anyway. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Can rootkits be installed without root permissions?
    ... >> I've always understood a rootkit to be the kit that a cracker installs ... >> after getting root to conceal his activities and provide him with services ... netstat, lsof, that will hide that daemon and its activities ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Terminal question/USB wireless
    ... password (same one I use for installs) after inputing su and it wasn't ... possible password combos and no luck. ... then used this: sudo passwd root ... If you were in a non-Admin account and wanted to gain admin privileges ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Setting a default network cups printer [somewhat OT]
    ... need the root password for "delicate" tasks (like adding a new printer ... It seems from the lpoptions man page that the files you cite above are created by the lpoptions command. ... I hoped that this thread might help in getting cups to work on the stable/testing and sid partitions. ... The 3 partitions that cups is not working on were installed on the HD by a company that advertizes Debian / RedHat systems installs. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Where is the default setting for starting Xapps as root set?
    ... On all my Fedora installs, FC1 through to F7, I can open a Konsole on KDE, su ... starting Xapps as root. ... root in a Konsole, and start Xapps? ...
    (Fedora)