Re: [kde-linux] Akregator 1.2.5 woes - lost feed list

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 9:15:35 am Felix Karpfen wrote:
The Akregator icon in my toolbar claims that I have 230 unread messages to
view; but when I try to open Akregator to view them, I get a blank page

with the message:
| No feed selected
| ...Select a feed from feed list and you will see the articles here.

I (as user) have lost the feed list after deleting default feeds (on KDE
and Akregator topics that were over my head)! I note that if I launch
Akregator as "root", the feed-list (and the default KDE feeds) is present.

I am using Akregator 1.2.5 as supplied by Debian Etch

How can I run Akregator as user and get the feed list back?

Maybe you have resized the list of feeds to be zero width. Is there a divider
bar on the left that you can drag to the right? You could also try changing
the view mode (on the View menu).

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/

  • [kde] Hallelujah! No more akonadi or semantic-desktop, here! Finally! =:^)
    ... I finally figured out what to replace akregator with, ... finally able to unmerge the last of kdepim and set USE=-semantic- ... I tried gwene.org too, feeds as news-posts, but that wasn't ... config, but that wouldn't let a second instance run at the same time. ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde-linux] Akregator 1.2.5 woes - lost feed list
    ... The Akregator icon in my toolbar claims that I have 230 unread messages to ... but when I try to open Akregator to view them, ... the feed-list (and the default KDE feeds) is present. ...
    (KDE)
  • Alternativen zu Akregator?
    ... Ich suche nach einer Alternative zu Akregator, ... Feeds,> 500, noch sinnvoll benutzbar ist. ... KDE 4.x vielleicht sogar ein paar Verbesserungen? ... Einen online Feedreader möchte ich nicht haben; es geht niemand an, ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)
  • Re: akregator in kontact?
    ... > Sascha Bürk wrote: ... >> ich benutze seit einiger Zeit kontact. ... Man kann ja auch den Akregator einbinden, ... In der Übersicht bekomm ich nur die Feeds von kontact. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde)