Re: [kde-linux] Help! Kubuntu Feisty system will no longer boot into KDE.
- From: Andrew Walbran <qwandor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:22:39 +1300
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 8:17:07 pm Werner Joss wrote:
Am Freitag, 5. Oktober 2007 23:49 schrieben Sie:In particular, try running 'sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart'. Does it give any
I made the mistake of unnecessarily logging out of KDE. Now the system
will not run kdm and start KDE. The system stops at the end of running
rc.local where my message says 'startx completed successfully'. The
only way to get KDE running is to open a console at F1 and run startx.
what happens if you try to start kdm (as root or sudo) from konsole ?
errors? You may also want to look at the end of /var/log/Xorg.0.log for
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
This message is from the kde-linux mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] Help! Kubuntu Feisty system will no longer boot into KDE.
- Next by Date: [kde-linux] KDE Bug ?
- Previous by thread: Re: [kde-linux] Help! Kubuntu Feisty system will no longer boot into KDE.
- Next by thread: [kde] System colors being ignored sometimes