Re: [kde] history in konsole tabs: where?
- From: Dexter Filmore <Dexter.Filmore@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:52:52 +0200
On Saturday 06 October 2007 17:50:24 Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Saturday 06 October 2007, Dexter Filmore wrote:
Where does Konsole store the history for multiple tabs?
I can find the first tab's history in ~/.bash_history and even in other
tabs $HISTFILE is set to that but commands in other tabs don't seem to go
there, yet "history" displays them accurately.
It is up to the shell when it writes or reads its history file.
E.g bash usually doesn't read it during its lifetime, zsh reads it when you
press enter without a command
That wasn't my point.
I need to know where *konsole* stores the history for each tab.
It has to be doing that since each tab has its own history but the commands
from the tabs do not show up in the file ~/.bash_history.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d--(+)@ s-:+ a- C++++ UL++ P+>++ L+++>++++ E-- W++ N o? K-
w--(---) !O M+ V- PS+ PE Y++ PGP t++(---)@ 5 X+(++) R+(++) tv--(+)@
b++(+++) DI+++ D- G++ e* h>++ r* y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] A novel(?) KDE 3.5 taskbar message
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] history in konsole tabs: where?
- Previous by thread: Re: [kde] history in konsole tabs: where?
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] history in konsole tabs: where?