[kde-linux] Dynamicaly managing thumbnails

Hello all,

I have just changed my system, and while moving my files and creating a backup
of my old "home" I have just noticed that the .thumbnails directory was over
300 MB big.

I do like thumbnails (and I let even big pictures have thumbnails), but I
think it would be good if there was a way to clean old thumbnails, say older
than two weeks, so that they don't just use space for nothing.

I guess a script and a cron job could do this, but I wondered if anything was
integrated in KDE?

Regards,

Thierry

  • Re: Thumbnail re-rendering
    ... The problem lies with the thumbnails having to be ... regenerated in the original folders after I have done a copy backup. ... This appears to be because the accessed date and time stamp is changed by ... and look for the thumbs.db in each folder concerned; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Thumbnail re-rendering
    ... >I have just completed a copy backup of all these files to external hard ... I presume this is because the ... The Thumbs.db file that holds cached thumbnails is a 'superhidden' file, ... Folder Options - View set to show Hidden files, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Your Vista Tips and Tweaks
    ... Dell Vista installs are pretty clean nowadays with little extra ... Win95, Win98 before that), what Vista specific tweaks do you guys ... Have you noticed that within Vista, moving a file on the same hard disk ... but as I don't have thumbnails turned on then I wouldn't ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: silent semantic changes with reiser4
    ... >>Moving a file doen't move the associated thumbnail, ... >>notice something is missing, or don't find the file, or have to wait ... of "mv" by having it search for _all_ the known thumbnails schemes. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: How to get rid from unused entries in ~/.thumbnails
    ... I've had my thumbnails dir grow over several GB before, ... after moving my photos to new locations. ... disk space at nearly the rate that plain disk space has. ...
    (Fedora)