Re: [kde-linux] Why is KMail so bad with GMail IMAP?

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
Authentication can't be the problem. For one, I can view individual
folders where the mail has been tagged. All untagged mail is in the
inbox and that's what never appears. I followed instructions to the
letter regarding SSL for the IMAP account. I then checked it using the
"check what the serfver supports" function in KMail's settings dialog.

Can you try with the KMail account type "disconnected IMAP" (cached
IMAP)?

Cheers,
Kevin

That makes it a little bit worse. It retrieves my folder list, but I
can't see anything that's in them...not even the folders that were
visible under the other setting.

Hmm. Ok thanks for trying.
I recommend you ask on the kdepim-users mailinglist, some of the PIM
developers are subscribed there and might have some input.

I also recommend starting with a new posting, not replying to a posting in an
unrelated thread.
Posting into an unrelated thread (often referred to as thread-hijacking)
decreased the chance of your posting being read, since other subscribers
might have the other thread marked as "ignore".

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: offensive & untrue
    ... LOL;-0 thanks for that Jon, Like you said enough is enough but i will leave ... control panel then the view tab there isn't an option to show hidden folders. ... I will keep posting away, so all of you with your nose's in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Weird OWA Problem
    ... Authenticated Users group to access to the following folders: ... Basic NTFS Permissions for IIS 4.0 ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: MIssing songs
    ... What folders are listed in WMP's Tools:Options:Library:Monitor Folders menu ... Speaking for myself only. ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: detecting unauthorized access from former staff member
    ... files, folders on your computer. ... Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows ... software and an Anti-Virus software. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • [kde] Re: Various Kmail paths?
    ... Now fixed as I have selected common view and added the show hidden files ... KMail-Import folders. ... On open suse 10.3 "kde 3.can't remember" this seems ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)