Re: [kde-linux] Why is KMail so bad with GMail IMAP?

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
Authentication can't be the problem. For one, I can view individual
folders where the mail has been tagged. All untagged mail is in the
inbox and that's what never appears. I followed instructions to the
letter regarding SSL for the IMAP account. I then checked it using the
"check what the serfver supports" function in KMail's settings dialog.

Can you try with the KMail account type "disconnected IMAP" (cached
IMAP)?

Cheers,
Kevin

That makes it a little bit worse. It retrieves my folder list, but I
can't see anything that's in them...not even the folders that were
visible under the other setting.

Hmm. Ok thanks for trying.
I recommend you ask on the kdepim-users mailinglist, some of the PIM
developers are subscribed there and might have some input.

I also recommend starting with a new posting, not replying to a posting in an
unrelated thread.
Posting into an unrelated thread (often referred to as thread-hijacking)
decreased the chance of your posting being read, since other subscribers
might have the other thread marked as "ignore".

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring