Re: [kde] Log off script

On Thursday 31 January 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

KDE now has drop in shell directories although they don't have the
correct UNIX type names (*.d):

Actually they don't have to be scripts, they are not executed but "sourced"
from the startkde script.

Note the asymmetry. The startup MUST be a shell script with the 'sh'
extension and there are only two locations for them (user & global).
The shutdown can be any executable and they can be in a subdirectory:
"shutdown" of any of the directories in KDEDIRS.

The last part is also true for the env/ environment extenders.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is a string literal in the i18n function. ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... ESPECIALLY after promising support "as long as there are users!" ... triggered a drop of a lot of my former kde software choices with the bump ... kmail, but somewhere about the time it lost my 10th mail or so and I was ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Re: 4.6.2 early report
    ... kde /does/ have a facility such as you describe, ... symlinks into appropriate startup dirs. ... The *.desktop files mechanism is apparently freedesktop.org cooperative ... The scripts mechanism is kde specific. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It is not necessarily inexperience of the developer in matter of development, ... had on qt4 was already not negligible. ... kde are getting more full-time professional development and support than ... mostly optional modular libraries built around a central core. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... Even if one does do that the answer could be that there is no such API at the ... KDE hasn't reached that number of contributors or popularity yet where it ... working on developer documentation. ... produce a 99% working product as well as producing new nifty features. ...
    (KDE)