[kde] Remove some Actions menus.

I am running kde 3.5 (on kubuntu 7.04) and I am trying to lock down some of
the features for a basic user. I want to remove the 'Settings' and
'System Menu' from the Actions area in the kicker menu. Seems I dont have
access to these in the KDE menu editor. Any ideas.

--
Daryl Sayers Direct: +612 95525510
Corinthian Engineering Office: +612 95525500

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle frontend
    ... a PC more than a decade ago to selecting an alternative Operating ... I don't know anything about KDE and haven't used it in years. ... of its way to not provide certain Windows-like features on the desktop, ... It seems to me that a certain vocal minority of devs seems to believe ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Tell who did you PAY to include Akonadi?
    ... FWIW, I run gentoo here, and as long as you're not using any kdepim apps ... requires akonadi, which in turn forces on gentoo's USE=semantic-desktop ... desktop stuff was one of the big headline features of kde4... ... besides kde. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] KDE 4 (yes, again...): what features are you using?
    ... configuration files for KDE. ... I suppose this means starting a Gnome session, ... One way or the other, I'll miss KDE 3 features, so the winner will be ... of 'grow-on-you' as you find yourself gradually discovering features that work ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... I would be the first to say that the documentation for the KDE API is really not adequate when compared to the one for Qt. ... When I fixed bugs, or patched my personal copy of KDE, I looked up functions in Qt or KDE that I was only not familiar with but had never seen before. ... the stable development version would have the bugs fixed while new features would be added to the unstable development version and only migrated to the release version when they became stable. ... The advantage of this is that it would meet the needs of people and companies that use KDE in a production environment. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] KDE 4 (yes, again...): what features are you using?
    ... What new features make KDE 4 interresting to you!?!? ... mean that Plasma was needed to fix it. ... Developers need to decide if they are doing this for their own ...
    (KDE)