Re: [kde-linux] k3b verify problem

Anne Wilson wrote:
Is there a problem with k3b in 2008.1? I've just installed Mandriva on my
daughter's laptop and confidently told her to burn with k3b. She burned one,
the disc ejected, but didn't retract and the verify stuck there. The second
time she caught it as it ejected and pushed it in immediately it released.
It didn't verify. I changed the setting so that it wouldn't eject, but the
third burn didn't verify either.

That is, not that they gave a 'bad burn' but that it didn't even start to
verify.

Anyone know why or what I can do? It's most embarrassing. I told her that it
was so simple and reliable, but I'll not convince her if she can't verify her
backups.

Hmmm, IMHO, an old and longstanding bug in K3B and/or HALD and/or some
other component of KDE that (IIRC) you yourself once mentioned only
rarely afflicts users and then only users of certain hardware ...
anyway, me being one of the lucky victims of this bug (I was the one who
noticed that on my system K3B was burning track0 but then trying to
verify track1), the solution is to set K3B to NOT eject the disc after
burning. Then it goes ahead and verifies just fine. After the
verification is complete, you can eject the disc via K3B's menus/icons.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: [kde-linux] k3b wont verify data
    ... it up to burn the CD, verify the data and eject when the burn is ... that during the verify stage. ... I then went to burn with it set not to eject the media when finished. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] How to check the MD5 checksum in Windows
    ... Use R/W media. ... and the units I have burn at 2x o 4x only. ... Yes, but as I said, you have to verify the disc anyway. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] k3b verify problem
    ... It didn't verify. ... that it wouldn't eject, but the third burn didn't verify either. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: dvd writing problem
    ... I'm going to describe the problem, and let you tell me where to report it. ... burn dvd image using k3b, ... disk is ejected again and k3b bails out of the verify phase. ... manually close drive with the disc still in the tray. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [kde-linux] k3b verify problem
    ... retract and the verify stuck there. ... wouldn't eject, but the third burn didn't verify either. ...
    (KDE)