Re: [kde-linux] How to add applications to panel

Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 19:45:39 schrieb David Jarvie:
right click on the panel, add applet, works for me :)

As far as I can see, that only allows specific applets to be added, not
applications in general.

yes, that's for plasmoids, right.
for 'normal' apps like kword, e.g., not possible IMHO - I use folderview for
those.

werner

  • Re: HELP, i need information to write a java applets for testing internet connection speed
    ... Get ready for a very steep learning curve. ... line applications, then GUI'd applications, *then* applets. ... does not work for you on most of the Java technical groups. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Why no getCodebase() in apps?
    ... >> That may be what ClassLoader and Class methods are for, ... >> of applets that use getCodebase() as I have described. ... > applications. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Applets and 1.7.0_21?
    ... Thanks for that article John. ... I've converted the applets to JFrame applications which really only required minor changes to the code. ... Then I wrote a menu application that calls those apps and some Desktop.browser calls for the remaining HTML that they needed access to. ... It actually gives them slightly more utility as they can have all four applications open at once in separate JFrames. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Two questions concerning SUN applet classloader
    ... and Java versions can pretty much be expected. ... public class TestApp { ... applications cannot play together with the ... Java applets can be substituted by alternative ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Applets vs. Applications
    ... >> What features do applets have that applications don't? ... Html codes, maybe? ... Java applications can be downloaded automatically via Java WebStart. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)