Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile

On Thursday 21 Aug 2008 12:17:40 am D. R. Evans wrote:
Kishore said the following at 08/19/2008 11:45 AM :
First make sure that there is no session of konqueror running. To be
sure, on a command line execute "killall konqueror" a few times until it
says that no process was killed. Then open
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc and find the section "[MainView
Settings]" without the quotes. Add it if it does not already exist. Add
"SaveViewPropretiesLocally=true" without the quotes under the above
mentioned section.

Nope :-(

I did this (correcting the typo). Then:
Now launch konqueror and adjust the view in the folder (~/). The next
time you view the folder it will use the same view mode.

1. I launched konqueror.
2. Clicked on the home icon.
3. Switched to tree view.
4. Closed konqueror.
5. Launched konqueror.
6. Clicked on the home icon, and...

did not get the tree view :-(

Here is the portion of my konquerorrc file that I edited, just so you can
see that I did indeed do what I was supposed to do (I had to add the
MainView Settings section):

----

[ListView_webdavs]
ColumnWidths=101,77,120,91
FileNameColumnWidth=391

[MainView Settings]
SaveViewPropertiesLocally=true

[ModeToolBarServices]
external=konq_treeview

Can someone else try this? Nigel has conformed that it works. I personally do
not have a kde3 installation to check this. In my best memory, this is what i
used to do to make it work.
--
Cheers!
Kishore

  • Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile
    ... I launched konqueror. ... Switched to tree view. ... Clicked on the home icon, ... MainView Settings section): ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile
    ... I can get tree views just fine. ... I just fired up Fedora 9, and opened konqueror, and the page you're ... Konqueror in file manager mode accessable from the icon to the ... Click on the System Menu icon and go for the home folder. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KDE Error: Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree
    ... Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree. ... the profile under Settings -> Save view profile 'file management'. ... The error message should be gone next time you start konqueror. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Explorer-like file manager
    ... > Does anyone have an recommendations for Linux file managers (I'm running ... > can't immediately see a way of doing the tree view / directory view panes ... But this is exactly what Konqueror DOES show. ... And probably in Load Vie Profile, you want to choose File Management. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Konqueror: tree view gone?
    ... One of the most important features of konqueror for my productivity was ... to navigate very quickly using only the keyboard. ... it will open part of the tree to show your path. ...
    (KDE)