Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile
- From: Kishore <kitts.mailinglists@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:53:30 +0530
On Thursday 21 Aug 2008 12:17:40 am D. R. Evans wrote:
Kishore said the following at 08/19/2008 11:45 AM :
First make sure that there is no session of konqueror running. To be
sure, on a command line execute "killall konqueror" a few times until it
says that no process was killed. Then open
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc and find the section "[MainView
Settings]" without the quotes. Add it if it does not already exist. Add
"SaveViewPropretiesLocally=true" without the quotes under the above
I did this (correcting the typo). Then:
Now launch konqueror and adjust the view in the folder (~/). The next
time you view the folder it will use the same view mode.
1. I launched konqueror.
2. Clicked on the home icon.
3. Switched to tree view.
4. Closed konqueror.
5. Launched konqueror.
6. Clicked on the home icon, and...
did not get the tree view :-(
Here is the portion of my konquerorrc file that I edited, just so you can
see that I did indeed do what I was supposed to do (I had to add the
MainView Settings section):
Can someone else try this? Nigel has conformed that it works. I personally do
not have a kde3 installation to check this. In my best memory, this is what i
used to do to make it work.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] Plasma & eeepc problem
- Next by Date: [kde-linux] Printer Dialog by OpenOffice and Firefox3
- Previous by thread: Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] Trying to control Konq profile