[kde] Usage of screen real estate in 4.2

Hi all,

I was wondering if 4.2 will re-introduce some space-saving themes,
decorations and options. On KDE 3, I use the Glow window decoration and
the Plastik style as both have few frills and are the most compact ones.

With KDE 4, I have always felt that screen real estate is 'wasted' a lot
more than with KDE 3. The overall visual effect of KDE 4 is rather
pleasing, but on a screen with 1024x768, I need to minimize the size
of widgets and decorations.

So I guess my list boils down to:

* Will there be a window decoration like Glow in 4.2?
* Will there be a way to hide any and all text below icons in the
toolbar, transforming them into tooltips liks KDE 3 does it?
* Will there be way to scale down icon size in toolbars?

4.2 might be the release I put onto all my machines as opposed to just
one, so I am really looking forward to it :)

Richard

PS: Some options might exist today and I simply missed them. In
that case, a short pointer to where to find them would be appreciated.

  • Re: [SLE] Moving an App to another Virtual Desktop in KDE
    ... it works for me also when I right-click on the title bar. ... And if I change window decoration from SuSE to KDE 2, ... SuSE window decoration). ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Usage of screen real estate in 4.2
    ... The overall visual effect of KDE 4 is rather ... pleasing, but on a screen with 1024x768, I need to minimize the size ... Will there be a window decoration like Glow in 4.2? ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Reversal of icons ...
    ... Using openSUSE 10.2 with KDE ... The toolbar of *all* of the applications I use have the icons reversed. ... See which countries and languages you can select in the configuration - ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [kde] Fwd: Re: Kuickshow in KDE 4?
    ... the toolbar is completely full due to the change ... Regarding the website: I think the optimal solution is creating a page on ... Many KDE websites are not up to date, ... And regarding the packaging: I will try to do this in parallel, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] [Fwd: Re: KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)]
    ... I have tried a variety of fonts, ... [kde] KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar ... On most KDE 4 applications, the toolbar ... other than Helvetica that the problem will go away. ...
    (KDE)