Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4.x - possible to customize mouse menus as with KDE 3.x?

On Thursday 18 December 2008 at 10:32 am, Rex Dieter penned
about "Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4.x - possible to customize mouse menus as with KDE 3.x?"

Curious, how'd you do it? I wasn't aware of any way to do this on
kde3 without patching or code changes, and the situation is the same
on kde4.

Hi Rex,

With KDE3, you'd get there by:

Desktop > Behavior

See `Mouse Button Actions'

You'd select `Custom Menu 1' and `Edit ...' becomes active.

It's quite cool. :)

I was hoping in KDE4 I'd be allowed to have menu-trees.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph: 819.459.1926 Fax: 760.860.5225 (US)

  • Re: [kde] Plasma documentation for KDE 4.3
    ... This isn't intended to be negative as there's some great stuff in kde4, ... and some things just can't be done quite like they were in kde3. ... Plasma Dashboard" ... ... but I have no idea what a "Plasma Dashboard" is, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Unpopulated Control-Center window
    ... kbuildsycoca is designed to bring in changes made thru non-kde means, ... dcop for kde3, now a common dbus, used by both kde4 and gnome, is the ... and whether the sysadmin has perhaps changed some settings, ... depending on whether a kde3 or kde4 app was run ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... microcosm of the larger kde3 -> kde4 debacle. ... mysql functionality (something about a mysql library for use in other ... to switch would have meant supporting kde3 thru kde 4.7 or so. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: openSUSE 11.3
    ... with KDE4. ... my desktops so they looked like my KDE3 desktop, ... versions of Windows and, of them, I prefer XP. ... I don't really want to play with virtualization on my production ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Ist Kubuntu eher Bananaware?
    ... Peter Lemken "Mal ein paar Eindruecke zu KDE 4.2 eines Umsteigers" ... einem ausgereiften Desktop (die KDE3 nunmal war) umzusteigen? ... Die Entwickler haben sich schließlich etwas dabei gedacht, ... dass einfach nur das alte Zeug weiter auf KDE4 hehievt ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)