Re: [kde] KDE 4.2.0 on Mandriva

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 23:52:51 Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) wrote:
Hi,

I read Heliocastro's blog and knew that he had put a 4.2.0 package for
Mandriva 2009.0. I was excited and upgraded my KDE to 4.2.0 soon.

On one of my machine, it worked well. However on another one with nvidia
9500 and compiz turned on, it told me that kde4-window-decorator received a
signal 6 (SIGABRT).

I tried to disable compiz and even removed my .kde4 to start over, and it
worked. Then I tried to reinstall my nvidia driver, then tried compiz
again, I got the same errors.

I forgot to record the trace log :( and I just applied account on
www.kdevelopers.org and not being approved yet, so I could not post a
comment to tell Helios. I post here to ask all of you if you had the same
problem.

Franklin, probably not what you wanted to hear, but I wonder if you would
consider dropping compiz (at least temporarily) and trying kde's desktop
effects, selecting the effects that give you compiz-like performance. It would
be good to know whether it does the same job, as well as compiz did. I
suspect that, if it does, it would be a better option, in that it uses kde
tools.

Anne