[kde] I want KDE3 task bar behaviour

In KDE 3, if I configured the task to disappear automatically after
some time, and if I switched the virtual desktop with some
self-defined key combinations, the task bar got an event to become
visible (and disappear later on, as configured). This was extremely
convenient -- if not essential -- for orientation (I use six virtual
desktops).

In KDE 4, this behaviour is no longer the default (the task bar stays
invisible), and I haven't found a way to switch it on. How can I
reactivate this? Or has this feature been dropped? This would be a
reason to file a big, fat bug report.

Werner

  • Re: [kde] I want KDE3 task bar behaviour
    ... the task bar got an event ... and I haven't found a way to switch it ... new panel at the top of the screen. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] I want KDE3 task bar behaviour
    ... and if I switched the virtual desktop with some ... self-defined key combinations, the task bar got an event to become ... this behaviour is no longer the default (the task bar stays ... and I haven't found a way to switch it on. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] I want KDE3 task bar behaviour
    ... and if I switched the virtual desktop with some ... this behaviour is no longer the default (the task bar stays ... and I haven't found a way to switch it on. ... Which KDE 4.x are you using? ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] I want KDE3 task bar behaviour
    ... and if I switched the virtual desktop with some ... this behaviour is no longer the default (the task bar stays ... and I haven't found a way to switch it on. ... I tried removing the task manager from the panel and adding it to a new panel ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Plasma extremelly unstable
    ... I can't switch the virtual desktop ... with the keyboard; ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)