[kde] [4.2.0] Notifications aren't working
- From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:10:55 +0200
I decided to fully switch to KDE 4.2.0 and its applications. For
example the KDE4 version of Kopete instead of the KDE3 one, etc. To get
a fresh start with no configuration problems, I built everything from
scratch and using Qt 4.5.0 RC1. However, I'm facing a problem.
Notifications/events don't seem to be working. For example, if I set up
various notifications in System Settings (like for example playing a
sound when minimizing windows or a pop-up when switching desktops),
nothing happens. No sound, no pop-up.
This is a real show stopper for applications like Kopete. Now, when
someone tries to chat with me, I have no way to tell that there's
actually someone trying to chat with me. No pop-up notification by
Kopete and so sound. Kopete turns useless.
If I actually click on the "play" button in System Settings to preview
the sound, it plays fine. But only there.
I'm on Gentoo Linux AMD64.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] KDE 4.2 ROCKS !
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] [4.2.0] Notifications aren't working
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] blank e-mail pane in KMail for 4.2
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] [4.2.0] Notifications aren't working