[kde] Kde 4.2 - Plasma System Tray Icons

Hi,

I'm having some issues using kde 4.2 + opensuse 11.0 and
the worst and most urgent to solve is that my system tray
icons are gray (no icon images, just a gray box for each icon)
and have no functionality (can't acess kmix, knetwork, etc...)

I've googled a lot but nothing seems to work. Could you help
me please? Already learned a couple of things on linux, but
I'm pretty sure that I'm still near by newbie.

Thanks a lot.

  • Re: KDE system tray - erratic behaviour
    ... applications I designate in the KDE menu editor to be displayed there. ... I want Kjots and Knotes icons to be in the system tray and so ... the system tray on log in by any user if there are packages to be upgraded. ... For one user the system tray icon display was inadvertently removed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Need basic help with KDE Wallet, added question: (both) SOLVED
    ... >>>I was confronted recently with a request for the password of my KDE ... >>KWallet Manager docs also say that "A system tray icon indicates that a ... What is the system tray? ... > the box "hide system tray icon when last wallet closes". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [kde] System tray icons
    ... KDE application the system tray icon for that application does not get ... GTK app that uses the system tray, and I exit the app it's icon is also ... choosing File -> Quit from within the application, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] System tray icons
    ... KDE application the system tray icon for that application does not get ... It is only happening with KDE apps though. ... GTK app that uses the system tray, and I exit the app it's icon is also ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Kde 4.2 - Plasma System Tray Icons
    ... the worst and most urgent to solve is that my system tray ... icons are gray ... If you installed the OpenSuse RPMs, this would appear to be a distro ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)