Re: [kde] running okular

In <200904072037.08734.jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John R. Sowden wrote:
I am unable to display a pdf file since I upgraded to suse 11.1
with kde 4.x. I read about problems with file associations, but I
found that pdf is associated with okular. It is also the default
viewer in firefox, and when I run okular from the Alt-F2
command line, it executes. But it does not from kmail or firefox.
I get an error that says the 'helper' application is missing.

No problems here on oS 11.1, KDE 4.2.2. Perhaps you somehow got two okular
binaries and the wrong one is being invoked or your association is subtly
wrong? Perhaps you could post the output of 'locate okular' and provide more
details about your MIME-type associations, including where you are viewing
them.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((_/)o o(\_))

  • Re: How does Firefox decide which app opens folders?
    ... So why was Firefox making stupid application associations under KDE? ... Recommended applications: ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [kde] running okular
    ... somehow got two okular ... file associations, put pdf in the search box, opened the *.pdf ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)
  • konqueror and about-url not open in default browser
    ... I have changed my default browser to firefox, but if i try to open the ... url adress in the about windows of ALL the kde application it always ... opens in konqueror-browser. ... go to change the associations of html, htm, url, and take firefox in ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • [kde] running okular
    ... I am unable to display a pdf file since I upgraded to suse 11.1 ... and when I run okular from the Alt-F2 ... But it does not from kmail or firefox. ... This message is from the kde mailing list. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: File associations
    ... And probably it will only work for those KDE programs. ... programs like Firefox that have their own associations will ... those programs are neither KDE nor GNOME. ... the idea of file associations didn't fit and was not implemented; ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)