Re: [kde-linux] Clear screen on konsole

On Thursday 30 April 2009 11:26:03 Kenneth Marcy wrote:
On Thursday 30 April 2009 09:37:25 Alain M. wrote:
Hi,

if I issue clear om a konsole windows, it only issues a lot o new-lines,
but if I roll up with <ctrl+PgUp> or the mouse, the old text is there

How can I clear all the text in a konsole window???

Type clear then press enter.

Ctrl-L is an alternative to the clear command.

On my machine ctrl-PgUp does not move up the screen, but upward mouse
scrolling does reveal the history again. So, here's an additional note.

If you don't want to see that history as a result of mouse scrolling, for a
particular user's home directory, and for bash as a shell, move the
file .bash_history to a different file name, say .old_bash_history. Then
create a new history file. So, in the home directory:

ls -la .bash* reveals existence and size of the current .bash_history.
MTV .bash_history .old_bash_history renames the file.
touch .bash_history creates a new file without the previous history.

Now ctrl-L or clear will operate as before with less history to reveal.

Ken