Re: [kde] transparent panel and KDM colour

On Sunday 14 June 2009 09:32:20 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 06/14/2009 02:16 AM, Rick Miles wrote:
On Sunday 14 June 2009 08:45:48 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 06/14/2009 12:44 AM, Rick Miles wrote:
Has anyone come across a way to make the panel transparent yet.
Alternatively, is there a theme anyone knows of that will accomplish
this?

The panel is transparent by default. Since true transparency is used,
you need composite enabled ("Desktop Effects" in System Settings.)

Exactly where is that setting? I've gone to System Settings> Desktop>
Desktop Effects and see four tabs General, Screen Edges, All Effects and
Advanced. In All Effects there is a translucency but there is nothing
mentioned about composite enabled.

If dektop effects is enabled, then the panel is transparent unless you
selected a plasma theme that isn't.
It seems the settings for my panel are: always visible, auto hide and window can
cover. In kde3 there was a transparency setting and in advanced a sliding scale to
set the level of transparency. This type of functionality is probably not possible
in kde4 but I thought there might be another way or maybe it was worked into
kde-4.2.4
You can test by moving a window
behind the panel (note that with "panel" I assume you mean the taskbar).
By Panel I mean the band that can be positioned along the botton/toop/sides of
screen and in which one would put thingos like the clock, quicklauncher, pager
etc.
You should be able to still see it behind the panel.

If it's not transparent enough, I don't know of a way to increase the
transparency level.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Setting Orange, the 19th of Confusion, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au

  • Re: Drawing a simple pixel to the foreground
    ... If your dx scene is attached and rendered to the winform, ... the Graphics object in gdi of the panel. ... Placing controls and so forth that dont require transparency over the ...
  • Re: Measure point to point
    ... What I would like to do is have a panel within the "screen capture" ... form that has total transparency, while the form itself has partial ... you cannot easily draw anything on top of the hole, ...
  • Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy
    ... drop/move the non-transparent icons anywhere in the panel ... but "notification-tray" to check if they keep transparency or still show ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • [opensuse] RE: KDE Desktop KDE4 - Assign Transparency
    ... Assign transparency on panels ... Assign an External Taskbar panel above the default panel and system ... tray bottom of screen. ...
    (SuSE)
  • KDE desktop effects + GPU temp
    ... I'd really like to be able to use transparency (one of the desktop effects), but as soon as I enable desktop effects the GPU temp starts rising, getting up to close to 70C. ... Seeing as how these nvidia chips are sensitive to heat and known to fail, I'd rather have a cooler GPU so I haven't been running with desktop effects. ...
    (Fedora)