Re: [kde] ssh:// instead of fish://

On 06/19/2009 09:22 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
And I don't know of a reason to prefer sftp over fish.

Well, you learn something every day. I just found this:

http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2006-April/005121.html

Sounds logical. So I guess sftp is faster than fish on remote machines
that actually support sftp.

  • Re: KDE, FreeBSD & fish
    ... > SFTP is enabled by default. ... and replicable problem, but I still might report it as a bug. ... And that's why I like fish -- cos it doesn't need anything special running ... to connect to a remote host! ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Secure File Transport
    ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Secure File Transport
    ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
    (comp.unix.misc)
  • Re: Secure File Transport
    ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Secure File Transport
    ... the product will support sftp and https ... I'd agree that rsync works really well for certain types of replication. ... Haven't come across anything with good sftp support (but I've ...
    (comp.security.ssh)