Re: [kde] configuring recent documents number

On Saturday 05 September 2009 20:07:45 Denis Prost wrote:
Hi everyone,

after a lot of hesitation, I finally moved from kde 3.5.10 to 4.3.1. It
seems that it can now fit my needs !
I was just wondering if there was any way to configure the number of
recent documents that appear in kickoff or lancelot. That was an old
feature request for 3.x series where it was hard coded to 10 which is
few, and now with 4.3.1, it seems I can't get more than 9 items. Do I
miss something ?
Thanks in advance,

Maybe it still is hard-coded. I can't see any way to change it.

Have you tried Lancelot (in place of kickoff)? It has two columns - Recent
Documents and New. Recent Documents still has 9 entries, but maybe the New
column can extend this? At the moment it only has one in that column on my
system, so I don't know how many it can take. Anyway, it's worth a try.
FWIW, Lancelot retains the Search that was so useful in kickoff, but is, IMO
much better to work with. You can descend a tree by hovering, instead of
having to click, for one thing.

Anne
Just found a cool new feature? Add it to UserBase

  • Re: [kde] configuring recent documents number
    ... On Sunday 06 September 2009 10:11:52 Denis Prost wrote: ... Have you tried Lancelot (in place of kickoff)? ... I guess I should post a feature request. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] K-Menu - High-lighting a bit too subtle
    ... If you're using the kickoff style kmenu, the behavior and configuration ... its own settings and widget theme, not the standard kde color settings ... What kde frameworks5 and plasma5 are doing with it I don't know, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Kickoff menu blank
    ... If I switch to classic mode, all my menus and submenus are intact. ... Can anyone tell me what to do to get my Kickoff menu back? ... That's in kcontrol (system settings that aren't system ... with kde shut down) and won't have lost anything. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... both kickoff and lancelot ... icon in the panel, open kmenuedit, and browse to the item from ... "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Kickoff menu blank
    ... If I switch to classic mode, all my menus and submenus are intact. ... Can anyone tell me what to do to get my Kickoff menu back? ... Try disabling effects. ... with kde shut down) and won't have lost anything. ...
    (KDE)