Re: [kde] Info.icon@system.tray

On Tuesday, 2009-09-29, paulo wrote:
Hi,
I'm sure that everybody knows about this information icon that shows up
every once in a while in the system tray.
For example, when I copy some files, it shows up together with a pop-up
window which displays the progress of the whole copying process.
Yet, it soon disapears and, even though the icon is still there, there
seems to be no way of getting it back.
I can click the info icon, but it does nothing. Therefore I was
wondering why to dysplay the icon during the whole copy process, it it
has now use what so ever. On the other hand it could be used to show and
hide the pop-up window.

This might actually be a bug.

Could be.

The way it works here is that clicking the 'i' icon shows the progress info
again or hides it if it is currently shown.

I faintly remember a problem during KDE 4.2 where this wouldn't work when
compositing (Desktop effects) was disabled. Seems to work fine in 4.3 though.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • Re: [kde-linux] Kget "My Downloads" [Is this MS Windows?]
    ... It does appear to be related to XDG and there is the tale. ... global default icon for the "Groups". ... or the developer might not have been aware of its existance if it ... to 90% and I would like to see KDE develop a release process that could ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Krunner Coding Questions
    ... Their icons overwrite the "wrench" icon on the right. ... This list is mainly targetted at question on using KDE, ... developer is subscribed or reads the list regularily. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.3.1 Desktop Errors
    ... KDE 4.3.0 worked ok without such any errors. ... first time after the upgrade that included the new desktop security ... click Continue it should not ask you again for that app and that user. ... Once you say that is OK to run that application, the icon will change and you ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: No icons, help.
    ... than your Debian experience. ... recent Linux distros call "the panel" for some reason). ... it is easy to drag an icon from wherever it occurs and place it on the desktop. ... (This is in KDE 4.4.5.) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Backup program for OpenSuse 11.3
    ... I have personally never had heard of PCLinuxOS being mentioned ... I have my very own specific "KDE styling" that I apply, and as such, it ... of course you would consider having a panel at the bottom Windows-like, ... Both panels have a "K menu" icon, ...
    (alt.os.linux)