Re: [kde] Strange rendering problems with firefox.

On Thursday 01 October 2009 00:30:49 paulo wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if I'm the only one that is having these strange
problems in firefox.
The rendering of some widgets is just buggy.
Example, check the scroll bars in the folowing picture:
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6630/snapshot12.png

Clearly a bug. The origin of the buttons (x,y) is the same as the bar.
Thought the window did reserve space for the buttons...
One of those bugs that every programmer programmed at least once in his
life.

I'm not sure that it is a firefox problem, since it renders correctly on
gnome.
So it's probably some incompatibility with kde4.2.
Was it corrected in kde4.3?

I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I opened your link in firefox
(yes, this is 4.3) and it looked fine. Am I missing something?

Anne
Just found a cool new feature? Add it to UserBase

  • [kde] Strange rendering problems with firefox.
    ... The rendering of some widgets is just buggy. ... check the scroll bars in the folowing picture: ... Clearly a bug. ... I'm not sure that it is a firefox problem, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Genius Wanted !!!
    ... already uploaded and rendering OK. ... Internet Exploder, for some reason, moves the button from the search box ... NOW, if, in Firefox, I reload the page, the page size goes ginormous. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Technical challenges to porting IE to Linux?
    ... Firefox don't use the os native widgets all the ... Most of them are drawn using gecko (mozilla rendering engine). ... > of IE in Windows, Windows will not function normally unless the required ...
  • Re: IE, FF, and Windows apps that load HTML are broken, but Chrome works
    ... I have Ubuntu set up on another partition, ... all running Firefox and Chrome. ... These were both taken with an install of Firefox 6 with NO addons ... as it sounds like it could be a rendering engine issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WebThumb
    ... the thumbnail of their website. ... Use a library capable of HTML rendering. ... battle-hardened web browsers can cope with rendering that reliably. ... Talk to Firefox using XPCOM and in-process Python code running ...
    (comp.lang.python)