Re: [kde] MPLAYER

Maurice Arthur wrote:
Hi KDE users

Synaptic search and install Mplayer in Simple Mepis Version 8

Unable to have Mplayer play a saved Flash video file from Temp Dir
to Desktop

Have installed a number of Libxine1 files but still unable to have
Mplayer run in Mepis 8

Any help to solve this Mplayer problem appreciated

IIRC, the Flash codec is in libavcodec. That is in the FFMPEG package.

OTHO, do you want to play a video that is embedded in the Flash player
(e.g. UTube) in MPlayer. I haven't tried that but IIUC, it is a matter
of configuration of MPlayer.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch

  • Re: flashblock version?
    ... After installing Python you just run python youtube.dl URL and then use ... mplayer etc to view the video. ... For every Flash video I've tried to access ... I haven't had any problems playing Flash videos. ...
    (comp.os.os2.apps)
  • Re: Where is WM Player Plug-in (Omega has it)
    ... But i installed Flash 32 bit because of security concerns. ... the slosest math for asf and asx would b epalin mplayer. ... I've been playing non-stop about 10 videos on... ... I don't have totem installed on my Fedora system. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Your system is too slow
    ... On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote: ... Most recently mplayer told me that my system was to slow. ... if I want a system that's not too slow and can play ... flash without mplayer hanging, I'll need to go back to F10. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: time to 64bit?
    ... Though for Flash see this: ... Do any of the multimedia apps like xine and mplayer + wmv, avi, mpeg ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Recording Channelsurfing.net
    ... Also what version Mplayer would be required? ... I use mplayer from the command prompt. ... Whether this actually works with flash, ... so maybe it's able to save flash streams. ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)