Re: [kde] MPLAYER

Hi James

Copied and paste

"*.swf" is "application/x-shockwave-flash" in Create new file type application
in Description
Flash file NO extension
Tried Shell Konsole settings NO File Association found

open the Konqueror KDM ("Settings ->
Configure Konqueror" in Konqueror) and go to the "File Associations"

Maurice
James Tyrer wrote:
Maurice Arthur wrote:

Hi James Thanks for reply Yes I am trying to play the flash player. The flash player properties was type unknown now after I changed
it to mime Error message Could not find mime type
application/octet-stream My first experience with flash properties
now other flash files are MIME type Should have left as was Are you
aware of reconfiguring Flash Properties?

You shouldn't have had an unknown MIME type for the file.

Does the file have the extension: "swf"? If not, what is the extension?

The correct MIME type for "*.swf" is "application/x-shockwave-flash"

If you have MUNGed that, you should open the Konqueror KDM ("Settings ->
Configure Konqueror" in Konqueror) and go to the "File Associations"
section and fix it.

IIUC What is that?

If I Understand Correctly. There is a dictionary for these somewhere on
the web; try Google.

Understand that mplayer needs configuration the Question is HOW

Short answer is: "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf", but the question is what
to add to that file.

Have you tried the MPlayer Dox or Google?