Re: [kde] Ripping CDs

On Saturday 31 October 2009 22:55:23 James Tyrer wrote:
You just don't get it! But, yet you continue to offer advice from the
PC (Politically Correct) La La Land.

When you need more documentation is when something doesn't work!

Unfortunately, KDE is becoming like MS-Windows. It is supposed to just
work, but when it doesn't even their product support staff can't seem to
figure out why. Perhaps this isn't that bad yet, but as Duncan pointed
out, this is probably dependent on HAL configuration and that that is
very difficult although there is some documentation.

In KDE-3 the KIOslave for Audio CDs didn't require anything, you just
opened it and it worked. Now we have something that is supposedly
simpler since you don't have to enter a URL or open "System" you just
click on the icon that has appeared in the Places list. But what do you
do when it doesn't appear. Certainly your condescending diatribe isn't
going to fix the problem.

No, I just don't get it. I don't get why most of the world can do things that
you say 'doesn't work'. I don't see anything in what I wrote that could be
considered 'condescending diatribe', so I'll ignore the rest of what you
wrote.

When I write without saying where the information came from it's because it is
my experience. In other words, 'it works for me'. If I reply from hearsay, I
say so.

Anne
Just found a cool new feature? Add it to UserBase

  • Re: Where is kde?
    ... receive decent documentation, to FreeBSD, which offers 100s of pages ... >>The kde3 port lists all of kde components as dependencies. ... Have you even considered looking through the FreeBSD Handbook ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: [kde] KDE4 desktop or panel shortcuts
    ... it control mostly kde-specific settings, not the entire system, and user- ... kde couldn't ... so kcontrol is a far more accurate name than system-settings. ... documentation release as well. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Where is kde?
    ... > receive decent documentation, to FreeBSD, which offers 100s of pages ... > expecting good ol' Clippy to pop up and hold their hand post installation. ... the really documentation for freebsd is in O'Reilly books ... The case in point is kde - which has no man, has no info, and is ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Users guide to KDE?
    ... Yes I think that there is a lack of documentation too! ... Advanced/Poweruser Guide to Getting Things Done in KDE ... Now will someone please fix KMail and/or ingegrate another KDE based email client into Kontact! ... the inability to spell check HTML and refusal on the part of the KMail developers to allow users to forward HTML intact is asinine. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Ripping CDs
    ... When you need more documentation is when something doesn't work! ... presuming that it needs some configuration to function. ... 'condescending diatribe', so I'll ignore the rest of what you wrote. ... functioning by doing something that would only provide it IF IT WERE ...
    (KDE)