[kde] CD ripping
- From: spir <denis.spir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:28:08 +0100
Tried to correctly use k3b for cd ripping, but had some problems -- se below.
Looked for alternatives in kde, found mentions of kaudiocd (not quite sure of the name, now), but couldn't find it anywhere -- except for sources. I could certainly compile and install it, but then don't know how to let the overall environment be aware of it. (read: integration inside kde)
Else k3b and ripping seems full of issues, unless i don't proceed correctly:
* Couldn't find settings for ripping in "configure k3b (eg: where to save result by default, filename format, ogg quality)
* k3b does not seem to record actual settings entered -- have to reenter everything for each new cd.
* k3b crashes when trying to rip a cd with additional data (eg executable menu or bonuses)
[note: I tried to sent a bug report, but the traceback was pointed as "useless". Read everything about useful bug report, but info did not apply (there was no ?? in traceback, k3b has no -dbg package, so what was wrong?).]
* Found no way to let k3b create and/or write to /artist/album folder directly. All has to be done by hand (like in the XXth century -- remember? ;-).
Well, nothing here really terrible -- but I have ~ 100 cds to record... help gratefully welcome. In the meanwhile, i'll explore wikpedia/cd ripper for alternatives.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde-linux] Konsole: input to one session
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] CD ripping
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] Konsole: input to one session
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] CD ripping