[kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
- From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:04:53 +0100 (CET)
I would like to ask KDE4 developers, on what bases do they call KDE4 KDE.
For me, the KDE user KDE4 does not do anything with the desktop environment I know as KDE (ie. KDE3, KDE2).
The most important difference: one has to learn to use KDE4 from scratch. Knowledge from KDE3 won't lead you anywhere.
Configurability is far behind KDE3's.
Speed are very different from those of KDE3. (Ie. uglier, more difficult, weaker, slower.)
I don't want to speak against KDE4 but as a long time KDE3 user I would expect from the name KDE something that can be used on the bases I learned during using KDE3. I can not apply that knowledge to use KDE4.
So why is it called KDE? Why not another new name?
That would be more fair.
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
- Prev by Date: Re: [kde] Okular preferred linux PDF reader
- Next by Date: Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
- Previous by thread: [kde-linux] Problem in OpenOffice Calc with Excel document
- Next by thread: Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?