Re: [kde] Dolphin starts programs with a wrong current directory

On 12/13/2009 11:37 AM, James Tyrer wrote:
spir wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@xxxxxxxx> dixit:

Bottom line, if an app wants access to the ~/Documents directory, it
should *say so*.

Makes sense, for sure. It's part of the app logic.

Perhaps, but if you launch an application and they try to store a file
from it and the directory that opens is the /bin directory where the
code is stored (a directory that you probably don't have write
permission for) I don't think that you would be very happy.

No one does that. Programs in /bin are in the K menu. And even if not,
they are in $PATH which means you can also run them with ALT+2.

However, running a program in your home directory happens from time to
time, and you do have write permissions there.

  • Re: Reconnect mailbox error
    ... it seems you do not have enough permission ... 322312 When the Mailbox Merge Program Tries to Open the Message Store, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [opensuse] Input/Ouput error when doing ll on drive mount?
    ... permission and ownership data, which simply a FAT filesystem can not store. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Just got off the phone with Gamestop and boy my a$$ hurts
    ... I'll look at all of the usual places on launch day. ... >> So after preordering my 360 on June 23rd and depositing enough cash to ... >> pay for the whole unit, game stop calls me with a pre-recorded message ... I was just in the store ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: WinXP sp2 launch/activation permission
    ... registry entry to grant user the activation permission but doesn't tell me ... My problem now is I couldn't find documents about those access masks. ... >> deny every the launch permission with an empty security descriptor in ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)