Re: [kde] Dolphin starts programs with a wrong current directory

On 12/13/2009 11:37 AM, James Tyrer wrote:
spir wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras<realnc@xxxxxxxx> dixit:

Bottom line, if an app wants access to the ~/Documents directory, it
should *say so*.

Makes sense, for sure. It's part of the app logic.

Perhaps, but if you launch an application and they try to store a file
from it and the directory that opens is the /bin directory where the
code is stored (a directory that you probably don't have write
permission for) I don't think that you would be very happy.

No one does that. Programs in /bin are in the K menu. And even if not,
they are in $PATH which means you can also run them with ALT+2.

However, running a program in your home directory happens from time to
time, and you do have write permissions there.

  • Re: Reconnect mailbox error
    ... it seems you do not have enough permission ... 322312 When the Mailbox Merge Program Tries to Open the Message Store, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [opensuse] Input/Ouput error when doing ll on drive mount?
    ... permission and ownership data, which simply a FAT filesystem can not store. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: WinXP sp2 launch/activation permission
    ... registry entry to grant user the activation permission but doesn't tell me ... My problem now is I couldn't find documents about those access masks. ... >> deny every the launch permission with an empty security descriptor in ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: WinXP sp2 launch/activation permission
    ... registry entry to grant user the activation permission but doesn't tell me ... My problem now is I couldn't find documents about those access masks. ... >> deny every the launch permission with an empty security descriptor in ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: Questions about the artical "DCOM Security Enhancements" for Windows Server 2003 SP1
    ... What is the difference between launch permission and activation ... > create a server object on the server machine. ... If a remote client does not have the ...