Re: [kde] Kmail : problem in checking Gmail with IMAP account type

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 01:07:18 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 30 December 2009 08:33:18 Duncan wrote:
Anne Wilson posted on Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:37:29 +0000 as excerpted:
Duncan - that error message pointing to the [Gmail] folder still
worries me. Any ideas on that?

Not really... but having never done IMAP, only read about it, I'm rather
at a disadvantage, here.

However, I noted two things:

1) The error you mention.

2) That according to Farhad (I hope just the one name isn't
presumptuous?), the subdirs seem to have been created automatically,

About my name : my first name is Farhad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farhad)
and my famili name is Hedayati Fard :)

syncing with gmail. Thus, it is or was working, to some extent, or it
couldn't have found that much out to sync. But what that error had to do
with things I really don't know.

Maybe someday I'll have an IMAP account and learn how it all works...

I use IMAP all the time, but it's standard IMAP, from my own Dovecot
server. I know that it has been said that GMail IMAP is not entirely
standard, which is why I don't know whether what I see on that screenshot
is what should be expected, or not.

I agree, though, that for it to show all those unread messages it must have
managed at least one correct sync. Of course there is the possibility that
it can read the mail but can't write to the directories - which it has to
do, presumably, to change any flags or delete messages.

Anne

My problem is solved , after disabling "include this folder when checking for
new mail" and "Act on New/unread mail in this folder" on [Gmail] folder and
changing some settings in Gmail Lables, kmail works without any problem, and I
can move/delete messages, (but I can't move/delete any folders)...

Thanks for your help and time :)
Farhad