Re: [kde] Cannot start Akonadi

On Sunday, 2010-01-03, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I just upgraded to KDE SC 4.4 beta 2 to test Kaddressbook on Kubuntu
9.10. However, when I try to open the app I get a list of errors,
attached is the list. What must I do? Thanks.

The error of Test 4 says that MySQL cannot start because something else
(potentially another instance of itself) is already working with the data
files.

Check if you have any mysql processes (I think on Kubuntu they are called
mysqld-akonadi) running under your user account.

Stop them and then try restarting Akonadi, e.g. akonadictl restart

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring

  • [kde] Re: A week of KDE4 usage
    ... Thanks for the correction on compilation vs collection. ... KDE could only be used together with another product (desktops ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] the windows list - the focus policy
    ... Sounds like a bug, the window of the task switcher should never be behind any ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... applet adds a Dophin not a folder view window. ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Konqueror, where is the "download dialog code" located?
    ... sry...was fixated at the progress window ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] "Could not find mime-type"
    ... There should be another one in the global directory. ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ... KDE user support, developer mentoring ...
    (KDE)